Online Mission of the Church Course
Around us everywhere are people with whom Jesus wants us to share his message of love and salvation. In striving to help Christians with this vital mission, the WELS Commission on Evangelism is offering this course on The Mission of the Church through the Martin Luther College online continuing education program: Course THE9101
“Lord, what do you want my church to do?” Rediscover the mission of the church to propel a mission mindset and to guide a congregation’s ministry to share Christ with your community. Participants in this course will . . . .
- Understand the mission of the church through scriptural study and evaluation of the student’s congregation.
- Interview/assist their pastor(s) & church leaders to analyze/strengthen a congregational mission mindset.
- Find the complementary roles of the church member (personal) alongside the church (corporate) in evangelism.
- Understand better the perceptions of the unchurched and how to connect with them.
- Create a tactical plan of sequential steps to organize a church around the evangelism mission.
The course will be taught online utilizing the Moodle course management system. Weekly lesson guide sheets will guide participants through each lesson. The content material for the course will be obtained through readings in reference books, related online articles and web sites, and instructor provided information. The course is designed to be completed in 6 weeks with approximately a six to seven hour time commitment each week.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition for a one-credit course is $295. Additionally, there is a registration fee of $10 and a technology fee of $25 per course. Financial Assistance – The Commission on Evangelism is offering a $75 grant to students when they complete this online evangelism course. At the conclusion of the course, the instructor will provide information for receiving this grant.
> Learn more about tuition and fees
Contact: Pastor Eric Roecker, Director – Commission on Evangelism: firstname.lastname@example.org