CANCELED: 2020 WELS International Youth Rally – “Vision 2020”
It is with a heavy heart that WELS has decided to cancel the 2020 WELS International Youth Rally, scheduled for June 23-26 in Knoxville, Tenn. We know this opportunity is important for our youth as a way to get and stay connected to God’s Word. However, as it’s unknown how long and significant the impact of COVID-19 will be along with the financial toll this crisis is taking on families and congregations, it was decided, in the best interest of our congregations and you, to postpone the event until the next scheduled rally in 2022.
The WELS Commission on Discipleship is exploring options to make resources available online from the key presentations that were scheduled for the rally for youth groups and members to use. We will do our best to bring the rally to you.
“Seeing Christ Clearly. Serving Christ Boldly” was the theme for the rally. This theme for Christian living is more relevant now than ever. Through resources, Bible studies, community service ideas, and more we hope to make available this summer, our prayer is that WELS youth will still be able to receive this important message and use it as motivation and inspiration to share the light of Christ at home and in their communities.
It is unfortunate that in such unprecedented times we must make these difficult decisions. Praise God that we know he is in control of all things in heaven and on earth. “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose” (Romans 8:28).
2020 WELS International Youth Rally
June 23-26, 2020
Location: University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Date: June 23-26, 2020
Registration runs March 2-May 29
- $375 early-bird rate until April 30
- $395 May 1-May 29
- See yourself through the lens of Christ’s love
- Learn how to serve Christ boldly
- Hang out with 2,000 peers who share your faith
- Listen to speakers with stories of faith and hope from around the world
- Experience lifting your voice in worship with thousands
- Attend a variety of workshops with a biblical perspective on timely teen topics
- Enjoy workshops run by UT recreational staff
- Consider excursion opportunities (additional fee): Anakeesta Theme Park, river tubing, paintball, and more.
Who am I?
- Contact Youth Leader (CYL)
The main point of contact between your church’s group and the youth rally office, the CYL must attend the rally and will be the first point of contact on-site in case of emergency, discipline, or communication for all members of your group.
- Youth Leader (YL)
Age 20 or over with a passion for encouraging youth in their faith and a commitment to supervising youth entrusted to you.
- Youth (Y)
As of spring 2020:
- Confirmed and completing eighth grade
- Graduating senior from high school
- Anywhere in between
Note: Adult/youth ratio must be 1 adult to 6 Y of the same gender at all times during the rally.