What We Do
About Women’s Ministry
Women’s Ministry exists to nurture, encourage, and equip women to faithfully use their gifts for service in God’s kingdom.
“Now we are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.”
1 Corinthians 12:27
WELS Women’s Ministry, always using Scripture as its guiding principle, has the following objectives:
- To encourage and model personal study of the Bible and use of the Sacraments so that the gospel message may be proclaimed boldly and clearly in our daily lives
- To work under the WELS Commission on Adult Discipleship
- To work together with men to fully understand from Scripture how we are all to serve God
- To explore scripturally sound opportunities for service in every calling of life from home, to church, to the world
- To equip women to fulfill their callings
- To develop fresh approaches to God-pleasing ministries for women
- To offer a variety of venues for communicating and sharing ideas
- To thank God for the solid foundation of faith and service he has given to us as an example in the many godly women and men in our congregations who’ve gone before us
WELS Women’s Ministry provides resources for individuals and congregations nationwide. Consider supporting these ministries with your prayers and gifts.
Contact WELS Women’s Ministry for more information.