The primary focus of our Latin American mission team is Academia Cristo. Academia Cristo is a multi-faceted effort which seeks to 1) make disciples in Latin America by sharing the message of God’s grace with as many people as possible, 2) identify and train potential leaders, and 3) encourage those leaders to make disciples who make disciples. The Spanish-language website offers video and audio Bible studies and live online training to reach out to non-Christians as well as to teach Latin American church members how to share their faith.
Academia Cristo Statistics
- 1.3 million followers on Facebook
- 40,000 – 50,000 people visit the website each week
- More than 323,000 Biblical resources (music, studies, movies, etc.) have been downloaded
- More than 6,500 people have requested training
- More than 1,600 people have participated in live, online courses
- More than 60 people are contributing in different ways to the work of Academia Cristo
- 25 different people have taught Academia Cristo courses (nationals and WELS missionaries)
Other National Church Partners
WELS Missions also partners with sister synods and independent churches in fellowship with WELS throughout Puerto Rico, Peru, and Chile. This partnership and support can come in the form of financial assistance, theological training or continuing education through the Pastoral Studies Institute (PSI), visits and assistance from other World Missions representatives or missionaries, as well as the sharing of outreach ideas. Many of these mission partners are a part of the Confessional Evangelical Lutheran Conference (CELC), a worldwide fellowship of confessional Lutherans. To learn more about the CELC and these mission partners, visit celc.info.