WELS Home Missions is blessed to plant churches and assist mission-minded congregations in the United States, Canada, and English-speaking West Indies. Home Missions currently supports 122 congregations with financial subsidy or district mission board/mission counselor assistance, with 25 of those being cross-cultural mission congregations. Home Missions also provides 28 campus ministries with financial support, while assisting hundreds of other congregations that serve college students around the United States and Canada.
14 District Mission Boards (DMBs), comprised of 2-4 pastors and 2-4 laymen volunteers, work to start new missions and support existing missions in their districts. The DMB chairman and one lay volunteer from each district serve as voting members on the Board for Home Missions. This Board for Home Missions (BHM) meets twice a year to vote on the new starts and enhancement ministries for the next year and set overall direction for WELS Home Missions.
Home Missions Statistics:
- 122 Home Mission congregations
- 17 new mission starts/enhancements in 2018
- 81 new mission starts/enhancements since 2011
- Home Missions in 35 states
- Supports 23 congregations that are part of multi-site ministries
- Financially supports 28 campus ministries