Events in a Box
We hope these ideas will help you with the details of planning your event!
Please feel free to share your ideas with us, we’d love to hear from you!
There are organizational tips at the bottom of the page to help things go smoothly and keep you focused on Christ. Let his grace be the guide and motivation for all you do!
EVENT PLANNING can be fun as you realize that the powerful Word of God will make anything you plan successful – his Word will not return void! Include fun events, music and time for women to chat. Events that promote participation will be well received. Here are some themes and ideas for your events!
Clothed in Christ
- Invite a closet organizer to give a presentation to your church and community about organizing closets.
- Include a devotion or bible study on being clothed in Christ or cleaning your spiritual closet!
- Consider a fun fashion show or race to see who can get the most silly clothes on!
- Follow up by sending women home to clean their closets and donate items to a charity
Planning for the Future
- Invite a Christian giving counselor to talk about wills and estate planning
- Include a devotion or bible study on our confident hope as Christians or end of life issues. Find passages or hymn verses that are especially helpful.
- Have your pastor talk to the group about planning your funeral texts and hymns.
- Encourage or train women to make visits to nursing homes or hospice patients. Make a list of people in your church to pray for. Send cards for encouragement.
- Invite a mission speaker to talk about the Gospel work of Christ being done somewhere else. This could include home or world missions. It might include a student from MLC whose parents are missionaries.
- Spend time in bible study looking at God’s call for us to share Christ and support missions
- Do a craft project or service project that will benefit a mission (quilts, bookmarks, baptism napkins, etc.).
- Write letters or send card to missionary families. Jump start evangelism work in your area!
Sisters in Christ theme
- Do a “Sister weekend” and celebrate with your sisters in Christ!
- Study several sisters in Scripture.
- Start a secret sister program!
- Our Assimilation bible study would be great for new women in the church who could be invited to see their importance in your church!
Proverbs 31 Woman theme
- Study the woman in Proverbs 31
- Break out sessions could focus on the verses about family life, relationships, business and faith
- Find activities or games that deal with balancing things or fitting things together.
- Honor some of the women who have been an example for you; send cards and share their story
Scripture theme (these are endless, but here are some ideas)
- Rejoice in the Lord always ~ Philippians 4:4
- Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power ~ Eph. 6:10
- Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts ~ Col. 3:15
- Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also ~ Mt. 6:21
- Lord, teach us to pray ~ Luke 11:1
- You are a chosen people, a holy nation ~ 1 Pet. 2:9
- Be still and know that I am God ~ Ps. 46:10
WELS Women’s Ministry provides resources for individuals and congregations nationwide. Consider supporting these ministries with your prayers and gifts.