Donating appreciated securities like stocks to WELS Foundation provides tax benefits and benefits the ministries that you care about.
• Avoid paying capital gains tax.
• Enjoy the ease of having WELS Foundation handle the transaction.
• Can sell the stock without having to pay capital gains tax.
• Will give the proceeds to the ministry of your choice.
QUALIFIED CHARITABLE DISTRIBUTION (IRA CHARITABLE DISTRIBUTION)
If you are 70.5 and older, you can support WELS ministries through your individual retirement account (IRA).
• Give up to $100,000 to WELS ministries from your IRA.
• Won’t pay income tax on your gift.
• Can distribute the money to the WELS ministries of your choice, if you choose to direct your IRA distribution to WELS Foundation.
• Will give you the proper gift acknowledgment for income tax purposes.
EXPLORE GIFT OPTIONS
There are a variety of ways to make a special gift to the Lord’s work. You’ll want to consider your family’s and your own financial needs—how to maximize tax benefits, maintain an income, and preserve assets for your heirs. Our convenient online tool steps you through the different possibilities to recommend the best gift for your situation.
Click the button below to determine which gift options are right for you based on your giving goals and assets.
ESTATE PLANNING GUIDE
This free workbook takes you through the steps of preparing a Christian estate plan.
DIFFERENT WAYS TO MAKE PLANNED GIFTS BOOKLET
Do you want tips for offering a gift that benefits a WELS ministry that is important to you? This concise yet comprehensive booklet can help guide you. It contains information, illustrations, scenarios, and links to videos about different types of tax-smart current and deferred gifts.
In addition, your local WELS Christian giving counselor can walk you through the booklet and the process of supporting the Lord’s work.
Use our convenient online tool to find the best gift for your situation and giving goals.
Christian giving counselors are available to provide you with answers and knowledgeable advice.