Loan and Grant Highlights
- $15.4 million of new loans and $2.0 million of new grant requests were approved in fiscal year 2020-21
- 18 total origination projects were approved. All were facility build/expansion or facility-land new projects.
- 18 congregations were approved for new construction loans with final loans expected to total $15.4 million
Operations and Support Highlights
- WELS CEF was blessed with an operational surplus of over $2.8 million for fiscal year 2020-21
- WELS CEF’s $184.0 million loan portfolio includes loans to 206 WELS congregations and affiliates
- Investment special rate offers added $5.2 million in new investments to aid the CEF lending program
- Over 3,000 WELS members, congregations, and affiliates have entrusted WELS CEF with $106.9 million in member investments
- Operational surpluses over the years have enabled WELS CEF to provide $40.5 million of matching grants to mission congregations and $10.4 million of special grants to Home Missions since 1993
- WELS CEF has been blessed with 95.72% dollar retention average for 2021
- WELS CEF continues to offer loan financing opportunities for WELS self-supporting congregations
- The endowment and special net asset grants to Home Missions totaled $1,663,457
Access all the forms and resources you need to invest, request a loan or grant, or implement the Stamp program.