Loan and Grant Highlights
- WELS CEF’s $180.3 million loan portfolio includes loans to 200 WELS congregations and affiliates.
- $24.1 million of new loans and $2.4 million of new grant requests were approved in Fiscal Year 2021–22.
- 19 total origination projects were approved. All were facility build/expansion or facility-land new projects.
- WELS CEF loan interest rates, on average, declined by 32 basis points during Fiscal Year 2022 from 4.57% to 4.25%.
- WELS CEF provided $1.63 million in endowment and unrestricted net assets to the Board for Home Missions in Fiscal Year 2021–22.
Operations and Support Highlights
- WELS CEF was blessed with an operational surplus of over $3.9 million for Fiscal Year 2021–22.
- Operational surpluses over the years have enabled WELS CEF to provide $41.8 million of matching grants to mission congregations and $13.2 million of special grants to Home Missions since 1993.
- Over 2,900 WELS members, congregations, and affiliates have entrusted WELS CEF with $103.8 million in member investments.
- Investment maturing member households and their investment dollars have been reinvested with WELS CEF on average at 96.92% for maturing member households and 95.87% of maturing member investment dollars.
- The WELS CEF retail member investment average interest rate declined by 33 basis points during Fiscal Year 2022 from 2.07% to 1.74%.
Access all the forms and resources you need to invest, request a loan or grant, or implement the Stamp program.