Why name a beneficiary?
Important reasons for naming a beneficiary on your WELS Church Extension Fund (CEF) investment:
- Have the satisfaction of knowing that your WELS CEF investment will be distributed to the individual and/or organization of your choice upon your death.
- Avoid probate – a sometimes lengthy and costly process – upon your death. Named beneficiaries will immediately receive the proceeds of your investment – without a fee.
- Receive estate – and in the case of an IRA/Retirement certificate an income tax deduction when you make a bequest to a charitable organization – such as WELS CEF or any other ministry close to your heart.
- Maintain control over your WELS CEF investment during your lifetime.
- You may change beneficiaries at anytime.
A beneficiary gift becomes a legacy
If your heart leads you to name WELS CEF, the WELS Synod or your congregation as a full or partial beneficiary of your WELS CEF investment you have the added benefit of knowing that your gift has eternal significance.
Gift to WELS CEF
If you name WELS CEF as a full or partial beneficiary of your investment the proceeds are added to the WELS CEF Grant Program. These gifts are used to make grants to qualified mission congregations so they can purchase land and either build or renovate worship facilities – used as tools for gospel outreach. Just complete and return a Beneficiary Form to WELS CEF. If you wish to change or add other beneficiary designations, please use our standard Beneficiary Form.
For more information about naming a beneficiary, call 1-866-511-7793.