All material on the WELS Historical Institute Web Site is copyrighted by the WELS Historical Institute unless otherwise indicated. It is for the personal use only. Permission for commercial use or any publication, manipulation, display or distribution is only granted by written application to the WELS Historical Institute. Send your requests to the Webmaster via email@example.com.
Conditions of Use When Receiving Written Permission from the Wisconsin Historical Society.
- Credit must be given to the WELS Historical Institute and the creator of the item (e.g. the author or photographer) if known.
- Permission to reproduce, publish, broadcast, display, or distribute an item or text must be requested in writing. Permission is granted in writing, not orally. Possession of an item does not constitute permission to reproduce or publish it.
- Permission is for one-time use only. The WELS Historical Institute retains all rights to the items or text, and the requester warrants that they will not be used for any purpose other than that listed on this permission form.
- In some cases, the WELS Historical Institute will request that a copy of the publication be donated to the Society.
- The person requesting permission must secure copyright clearance from the copyright holder, if known. In requesting permission to reproduce materials from the Web Site, the requester agrees to hold harmless the WELS Historical Institute, its officers and employees from any action involving infringement of the rights of any person or heirs and descendants in common law or under statutory copyright.
- Images may be cropped to suit design and layout, but they may not be altered or drawn upon or manipulated in any way so that they look different from the way they appear in the historical collection.
- The Society reserves the right to refuse to grant permission who have not complied with our policies.
Looking for resources to help you with your ministry? They are now housed on the WELS Resource Center, WELS’ download center for called workers and congregational leaders.