As I read through this issue, showing Christian love is a theme that runs through the pages.
● The issue starts with reminding us how we are motivated to show love for God and our neighbors in our actions—through our faith in Christ.
● Our “Heart to heart” column shares the importance of showing Christian love and patience as we and our children start a new school year.
● Encouraging others in their Christian lives is another way we can show love. Jeremiah Wallander uses an example from camp to show the power of encouragement. Then learn more about WELS camps around the country that work to build up the faith of the synod’s youth.
● Next, we meet a couple from Wisconsin who shows Christ’s love through fostering special-needs babies—more than one hundred over the years.
● Finally, Jeff Samelson tackles the issue of abortion and how easy it is to sidestep the problem, thinking there is nothing we can do. He reminds us of the importance of showing love to Christ and our neighbor by standing up for what we believe in.
Articles in this month’s issue
Previous month’s articles
Copyrighted by WELS Forward in Christ © 2017
Forward in Christ grants permission for any original article (not a reprint) to be printed for use in a WELS church, school, or organization, provided that it is distributed free and indicate Forward in Christ as the source. Images may not be reproduced except in the context of its article. Contact us
Do you have a manuscript, idea, or story from your own life you’d like to share for use in Forward in Christ or on wels.net? Use our online form to share it to our editorial office for consideration.