Enterprise and National rental programs
WELS has negotiated corporate rates with Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National. Any WELS member is free to rent using these special rates for both business and personal use. Becoming an Emerald Club member can also offer more benefits as outlined in the FAQ below.
Anyone interested in renting a car should sign up for the Emerald Club Program which is used by both Enterprise and National Car Rental programs. Those who have already signed up for Enterprise Plus can continue to use their existing account.
Those interested in renting a car will find two available options, Business and Personal. These two options will only show different rates if the vehicle is being rented from a location in Wisconsin that is not at an airport.
There are 4 different rental scenarios:
- If renting through National Car Rental: All rentals through the WELS link will automatically be quoted at the lower price of either the retail rate or the WELS negotiated rate.
- If renting through Enterprise outside of Wisconsin: All rentals through the WELS links, either Business or Personal will be quoted a rate that is 5% lower than the retail rate.
- If renting through Enterprise in Wisconsin at an airport location: All rentals through the WELS links, either Business or Personal will be quoted the WELS fixed rate.
- If renting through Enterprise in Wisconsin not at an airport location: If the Business link is used, the quoted rate will be the WELS fixed rate. If the personal link is used, the quoted rate will be 5% lower than the retail rate. Please check both links to see which is the more cost-effective option.
Rent a Car
Please note when traveling on WELS business and using a WELS corporate credit card you are eligible for exemption from state sale taxes. A listing of states where WELS is exempt and the state sales tax exemption number and/or certificate can be found here. Please be prepared to provide Enterprise or National with the exemption number or certificate when you are renting or picking up the vehicle. Thank you.
For more information contact Marie Smook by e-mail or by phone at 608-334-3687.
Enterprise car sales program
“Enterprise offers a wide variety of vehicles with more than 120 makes and models to choose from. Enterprise sells great cars at competitive prices and each vehicle they sell comes with one of the industry’s best used car warranties. They offer no-haggle pricing and their professional staff is trained to help members through a low-pressure sales process that puts your needs first. Plus, every vehicle they sell comes with The Perfect Used Car Package® which includes vehicle certification, 12-month roadside assistance and more.”
Learn more about Enterprise Car Sales and see the monthly promotions.
For local contact information call Lauren Goin at 262-574-5079 or e-mail.
What is the Emerald Club?
- Emerald Club is a loyalty program, providing members with exclusive benefits and privileges to make renting faster and easier.
- At most major North American airport locations, National brand allows members with a midsize car reservation to bypass the rental counter and proceed to the Emerald Club Aisle. There they may simply take any vehicle — midsize or larger.
- Regardless of the vehicle selected, a member pays only the midsize rate.
- Emerald Club allows members to accrue free rental days.
Ready to enroll? Click here.
How can a renter learn how to use the Emerald Aisle?
Our virtual tour will show you how easy it is to bypass the counter and choose a vehicle from the Emerald Aisle ®. Tour the Emerald Aisle
What is Enterprise’s refueling policy?
- Many Enterprise locations are off-airport and typically do not have fuel stations on site.
- To avoid any additional fuel charges, return the vehicle with the same level of fuel received at the time of rental.
- Vehicles are usually provided with a minimum half-tank of fuel.
How does a renter earn Emerald Club rewards at Enterprise?
- When making your reservations, add your Emerald Club number in the upper right corner where it says Emerald Club.
- Members of Emerald Club enjoy faster reservations, quicker rentals, and member discounts at Enterprise.
- Earn rental credits toward higher status and free rental days.
- At this time, any free rental days earned must be redeemed at a National location.