Northwestern Publishing House (NPH) provides Christ-centered, biblically sound resources to the people of WELS and beyond. NPH publishes Forward in Christ and Meditations, elementary and Sunday school curricula, Bible studies, worship materials, music, and faith-strengthening books for WELS members. In 2019, NPH released more than 25 Christian resources in print and digital formats, including:
- the Holy Bible: Evangelical Heritage Version (EHV), a fresh and complete translation of the Bible;
- the EHV version of Luther’s Catechism;
- Purposeful Grieving, a book with 56 devotions that recognize the challenges of grief but also point readers to the comforting cross of Christ;
- Christmas and Lent service kits for churches;
- a vacation Bible school program; and
- 14 music offerings for organ, piano, and/or choir.
In addition, NPH published two Bible studies—Pray, Praise, and Give Thanks, a psalm-focused study to help students discover and apply to their own lives the meanings of nine psalms; and Politics Is Driving Me Crazy, a timely study that explains the separation of church and state and reminds us to listen to God, who rules over all things—as well as two professional books—A Christian Guide to Mental Illness, Volume 2, an informative and encouraging resource for church workers who want to help Christians obtain help for mental illness; and A Commentary on 1 & 2 Thessalonians, a comprehensive resource that looks closely at the Greek text of these two letters of Paul.
NPH also continued work on production of the new hymnal and its related suite of resources.
NPH serves our WELS church body through its website, nph.net, by phone at 1-800-662-6022, and through its displays at conferences and events.
Visit nph.net to learn more about the ministry of NPH.