Join your brothers and sisters in Christ from around the world for Taste of Missions on Saturday, June 11, 2022, at Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary, Mequon, Wis., starting at 11 a.m. CT.
Here are 10 great reasons you should register today at tasteofmissions.com/register:
- Attend in-person OR virtually! Don’t live close enough to enjoy the festivities in person? Virtual attendees will be able to watch all events via livestream and view other bonus content online.
- Help send off new missionaries into their fields of service. Two missionaries will be commissioned during the opening worship service at 11 a.m. CT: Rev. Keegan Dowling and Rev. Benjamin Foxen, both heading to Lusaka, Zambia. Additional missionaries will most likely be added to that list as calls are accepted and graduates are assigned to home and world mission fields in the next month.
- Learn what it’s like to prepare for a mission call by asking questions during the Q&A with newly commissioned missionaries.
- Sample tasty ethnic food using the three tasting tickets that come with registration. Three different food trucks will be onsite: Meat on the Street (Filipino), Marco Pollo (Tex-Mex, Chinese, and Malaysian/Indian chicken dishes), and Falafel Guys (Middle Eastern). Additional food can also be purchased. Online attendees can try their hand at making one of the new ethnic recipes shared by missionaries and their families at tasteofmissions.com/recipes.
- Ask what it’s like for a family to serve in a mission field during the Missionary Family Q&A. Michael and Rachel Hartman (London, England), Craig and Christina Wilke (Brandon, S.D.), and Paul and Aneela Jordan (South Asian outreach) will serve as panelists.
- Get to know home and world missionaries through mission field updates shared on stage or fellowship throughout the day. Even more “Moments with Missionaries” video updates will be shared at tasteofmissions.com.
- Hear the latest updates from World and Home Missions from Chairman Paul Janke (World Missions) and Chairman Mark Gabb (Home Missions), including a sneak peak of the 100 missions in 10 years initiative that will launch in 2023!
- Check out mission field display booths, view Missions artifacts, and collect recipe cards from around the world as you learn about the 141 home mission congregations and 62 countries where WELS Missions is conducting/exploring outreach.
- Bring the kids to learn about mission work and enjoy activities like a passport challenge, missions-themed coloring pages and activities, a bounce house, face painting, and more.
- Enter for your chance to win a missions-themed raffle basket or purchase pre-assembled recipe booklets and Taste of Missions t-shirts to show your support of WELS mission work.
Registration is $15 per person, with children 13 and under attending for free. Or attend virtually for free! Learn more at tasteofmissions.com.