WELS Home, World, and Joint Missions is looking for a Missions Marketing Intern who will assist in developing, executing, and monitoring WELS Home, World, and Joint Missions communication strategies for the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS). This internship will be based out of the WELS Center for Mission and Ministry in Waukesha, Wis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and post individual Facebook posts for the WELS Missions Facebook page; brainstorm and coordinate social media campaigns
- Create and update PowerPoint presentation content
- Create and post new website content for wels.net/missions while keeping current pages up-to-date
- Coordinate, proofread, and post weekly Missions Blogs
- Write, proof, and edit copy for various print and digital promotional pieces
- Assist in creating and communicating promotional resources for Missions speaker events
- Support annual and biannual promotions projects (Faces of Faith magazine, Home and World Missions Update sheets, Missions Update e-Newsletter, special campaigns and donor mailings, Missions videos etc.)
- Provide communications support for special Missions events, including Taste of Missions, Lutheran Women’s Missionary Society annual convention, etc.
- Provide communication support for WELS Mission Journeys, WELS’ short-term mission trip program
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the promotion of WELS Home, World, and Joint Missions
- An active member of the WELS/Evangelical Lutheran Synod
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat) preferred, but not required
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highest level of attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and/or Experience:
- Sophomore, junior, or senior student enrolled in a traditional undergraduate program
- Working towards an undergraduate degree in Communications, Business Administration, Communicative Arts, Marketing, or a similar degree
- Up to 15 hours a week; summer hours available
- Flexible hours based on class schedule; Monday-Friday between the hours of 8am-4:30pm
- Option to continue the internship into future semesters
- This is a paid internship – $10 per hour
These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to perform this job. Other duties may be assigned.
How to apply:
E-mail your resume and cover letter (including the name of your home congregation) to email@example.com