Talk on Tuesday
Want to Talk?
Sometimes it helps to chat with someone about ministry work. Maybe you’re just stuck and need some new ideas. Perhaps you can’t see past some of the barriers that steal your focus. It might just be time for something new. We’ve all been there.
- Talk about the strengths of your congregation and the direction being encouraged by the church council and your pastor.
- Tackle the tough stuff as you identify problem areas and limitations with action plans and new perspectives.
- Develop a strategy
Ministry Ideas For You!
Browse through some of these ideas to help energize your women’s group!
If you have an idea for ministry work or are willing to share what your congregation is doing, we’d love to hear from you!
- Appreciation Luncheon for your Pastor, called workers, council members, young moms, new members, or…?
- Card ministry to encourage shut-ins, college students, or missionaries and their families.
- Craft day or weekend could include card making, scrapbooking (church events, history, confirmation, new children/members) or quilting (there are many places that would be blessed by lap quilts or blankets). Baptism napkins can be made and given to other churches, too!
- Baby showers, baskets or meals for new mothers (be aware of dietary restrictions). This could include cards, gifts, meals (maybe even crock pot/freezer meals) or visits. Consider including a bible passage or devotion!
- New member welcome could include a brief orientation and introductions, a meal or entertainment! A quiet invitation to dinner is okay, too!
If you or your ladies group are interested in a craft or sewing project, we’d recommend these sites to give you some ideas or suggestions!
- The LWMS site has information about congregations that need quilts.
- Christian Life Resources is another great place to check for projects! They have lots of ideas and connections. Find one close to you (or close to your heart). New Beginnings is a home for pregnant women. Please consider their needs as well!
- Mission to the Children provides school supplies in the fall, quilts, blankets and Christmas gifts for children in Mexico.
- The Central Africa Medical Mission, posts their needs on their website as things arise.
- One day event with Bible study, discussion groups, fellowship and food.
- Host a speaker on a topic like marriage, parenting, estate planning, etc. and invite the congregation or community! Christian giving counselors are available to talk to your congregation!
- Tea Party for ladies, mothers and daughters, etc. Have a devotion, music, memory sharing and more!
- Prayer partnership to connect those in need with those who are willing to pray. Prayer lists and Scripture verses are helpful also.
- Mentors to connect younger women or new members with those who can provide spiritual encouragement and direction.
- Mother-Daughter breakfast on Mother’s day (held during the Sunday morning bible study time, which allows a special men’s study/breakfast, or the opportunity to serve!). Be sure to adpot new members and those without a mother or daughter for the day! Include favorite hymns, scripture, memories and recipes.
- Food themed event (Death by Chocolate, Tea Time, etc.)
- Host a concert and invite the congregation and community!
- Ladies day out – find out fun places to go near you!
- Secret sisters for fun!
- Moms and Preschoolers group. Adapt this to your needs and staffing capabilities. This could be a summer park program or family fun days when school is out (zoo trips, etc.).
WELS Women’s Ministry provides resources for individuals and congregations nationwide. Consider supporting these ministries with your prayers and gifts.