Advent Devotions Writing Opportunity
- Each devotion should be between 250-300 words.
- It should be centered around a Bible passage, either the one suggested or one comparable that encompasses the theme.
- List the Bible passage as the first thing on your page.
- Please use the NIV or EHV translation.
- In the body of the devotion, show how that passage is relevant to your life or how it has guided, instructed, and comforted you even in the depths.
- Each devotion should end with a short prayer.
All devotions received prior to September 1, 2022 will be read and considered. Please submit only one devotion, preferably on the topic for which you feel most qualified to speak. (Topics are listed below with corresponding passages)
Our goal is to come alongside women and show them tangible and applicable ways to be led by God’s Word. We aren’t looking for preaching or superior theological understanding. We just need to show our fellow sisters Jesus.
All devotions will be reviewed by a pastor. WELS Women’s Ministry reserves the right to edit and/or change devotions without the approval of the author. We only have 25 spots, so please don’t feel discouraged if your devotion isn’t used. It may just be that we’ve received 10 devotions on the same topic. WELS Women’s Ministry may use some devotions for another purpose at a later time.
Thank you for your interest and participation!
WELS Women’s Ministry provides resources for individuals and congregations nationwide. Consider supporting these ministries with your prayers and gifts.
Contact WELS Women’s Ministry for more information.