WELS Technology Solution—WEB HOSTING
WELS has partnered with FinalWeb to provide a web hosting and content management solution. The relationship provides a low cost service that allows your organization to quickly and easily produce a professional looking website. Perhaps the greatest advantage that this solution provides however is your ability to use the content management tools that come with your monthly subscription. These tools allow users of all levels to add, edit, and manage your website content all from a web browser. No programming experience or HTML knowledge is required. This concept will allow more people within your organization to get involved with keeping your website’s content fresh and relevant.
Special offers during synod convention
Finalweb offers websites, live streaming services, and mobile apps for churches and schools. The following offers are available through Oct. 1, 2017.
- Website, Live Streaming (250 hour plan), and Mobile App bundle for $49/month
- Two free months of service for new signups
For more information, and to take advantage of these offers, visit www.finalweb.com/wels2017
Also, current customers be sure to visit www.finalweb.com/new to test drive the new Finalweb 2.0 beta! This vastly improved website creation engine is now available for use with new features being added daily.
Ease of Use
Allow multiple contributors to work with Web-based tools to manage content
- The greatest challenge in hosting a Web site is not its creation, but its ongoing maintenance. The WELS Web Hosting solution provides an easy to use Web-based tool that will allow anybody the organization designates to create, edit, delete or manage Web content.
- Page creation and menu development is a “point-and-click” exercise. Nicely organized pages can be built in minutes that match the site’s overall theme and are tucked neatly into the menu structure.
Support and Training
- Complete access to online documentation.
- Support by toll free number available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Support available via e-mail 24/7.
- Online training is provided periodically to review core features and cover new ones.
- Support community of other WELS web hosting users.
How It Works
To request an account, login to finalweb.com/wels and fill out an application. You can also signup for a free 14 day trial. Once you have an account, pick a template and begin adding your content. Most sites can be up and running within days. If you would like a custom template developed for your use, contact Martin Spriggs, WELS CTO (e-mail or 414-256-3250). If the storage or monthly transfer limits are not sufficient, special arrangements and pricing are available.
The monthly charge for the Web hosting solution is $21.00 per month. This includes all modules, templates and support. This would include 40 E-mail accounts, POP3 and webmail access.
Why does the synod need a purchasing program like ShopWELS? Find answers to your questions in the ShopWELS FAQ section.