June 28- July 1, 2016
Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado
Rally Theme: “OUR GOD REIGNS!”
Arrival day at the 2016 WELS International Youth Rally
Registration is now closed. We look forward to spending four days with 2500 or our closest friends!
Everyone should have received a “Before You Go” e-mail on Wednesday. You also may download it here.
Provided by Colorado State University: sheets, pillow, blanket, and towels. Daily towel exchange is available in the basement laundry rooms of each building.
What to Bring:
- PATIENCE: this is the largest youth rally since 2005
- Small Bible (for personal reading, all texts will be printed in the Rally booklet) and pen
- Summer clothes
- Closed-toed shoes for hiking; comfortable shoes for walking
- Sweatshirt or light jacket (some air-conditioned areas on campus can get chilly, nights can also get chilly)
- Modest swim suit and towel if you are on a water excursion
- Rain gear
- Toiletries and soap
- Sunscreen and insect repellant
- Necessary medications (we cannot dispense these)
- Extra pillow if needed (only one is provided in your sleeping rooms)
- Spending money for snacks, CSU gear, or the Northwestern Publishing House or Thai Village exhibit. All meals are provided from Wednesday breakfast through Friday breakfast, even for those going on excursions.
What Not to Bring:
- Firearms or weapons
- Controlled substances
- In-line skates, roller blades, roller skates, and skateboards are NOT allowed on the CSU campus.
- Laser pointers
- Any item that has the potential to distract you and others from the Rally purpose
- If you are driving to campus, please doNOT use Prospect Ave. as a route to CSU. There is extensive construction and road closures along Prospect Ave. Please use Mulberry Street/Hwy 14 – Exit 269-B.
- Directions to Colorado State University from Interstate 25:Exit 269-B to merge onto CO-14 W/East Mulberry St. toward Fort Collins – Continue west on Mulberry Street (3.5 miles) – Turn left onto S. Shields Street (.5 miles) – turn left onto Plum Street (.2 miles) – at 4-way stop – turn right into Moby Parking Lot (buses) or left into Westfall Parking Lot (cars and vans)
- When you arrive at Colorado State University, you will need to park in Westfall Parking Lot(#115) if you have a car or van. If you are arriving on a bus, please park in Moby Arena Parking Lot (#195) – DO NOT park in “A” permit parking spots (in any parking lot) or you will receive a parking violation.
- When you check-in at Durrell, you will need to provide the license plate information for your vehicle to receive a permit for the week. For vans and buses, please have the Contact Youth Leader and Youth Leaders provide the information.
- Once you have checked in at Durrell, your van/bus/car may transport you to the parking lot closest to the residence hall you are staying in. A campus and parking map will be provided at check-in (also attached).
The average high in late June in Fort Collins is 85 degrees and an average low of 56. A burst of rain is possible. Humidity is generally low. You are in a higher elevation. Drink extra water (not soda) to prevent altitude sickness. Use LOTS of sunscreen.
The average high in late June in Fort Collins is 85 degrees and an average low of 56. A burst of rain is possible. Humidity is generally low. You are in a higher elevation. Drink extra water (not soda) to prevent altitude sickness. Use sunscreen.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org