Taste of Missions 2019
Saturday, July 13, 2019
Join WELS Missions on July 13, 2019, at Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary in Mequon, Wis., for the first annual Taste of Missions event.
Time: 12-5 p.m.
Starting at 12 p.m., sample ethnic cuisine from some of our mission fields while enjoying fellowship and presentations from home and world missionaries alike. Meet former missionaries and committee members who have served WELS Missions and hear stories of God’s magnificent grace in action at home and abroad. View displays, participate in family-friendly activities coordinated by our missionaries, and ask questions about the ups and downs of mission work during a panel discussion. We will conclude the event at 4 p.m. with a special worship service celebrating the blessings the Lord has showered on WELS Missions.
Location: Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary, Mequon, Wis.
Cost: $5 per person – children under age five are free
Registration is now closed
- 12:00 – Taste of Missions Luncheon: Featured fares from two countries where WELS conducts world mission work
- 1:00 – News Headlines from Home Missions: Mr. Sean Young, WELS Director of Missions Operations
- 1:15 – Question and Answer Panel Discussion: Home Missions
- 1:45 – Break
- 2:00 – News Headlines from World Missions: Rev. Larry Schlomer, WELS World Missions Administrator
- 2:15 – Question and Answer Panel Discussion: World Missions
- 2:45 – Former missionary and committee member recognition
- 3:00 – Free time for booth displays and activities coordinated by our missionaries
- 4:00 – Celebratory worship service