Taste and See
An online Missions event
The WELS Missions office is excited to partner with our friends at the Lutheran Women’s Missionary Society (LWMS) to host an online event called Taste and See! This first-of-its-kind event will combine the very best of Taste of Missions and LWMS Convention to provide all WELS members an opportunity to be an important part of gospel outreach occurring in our synod. Tune in beginning on Saturday, June 27, to watch livestreamed opening worship service with brothers and sisters around the world. From June 28 – July 10, learn about Missions through keynote presentations, recorded workshops, mission-minded daily devotions, and more. Participate in family-friendly scavenger hunts, try your hand at making ethnic recipes shared by our missionaries, and ask questions during live Q&A sessions with Home and World Missions representatives. We will wrap up the online festivities with the livestreamed commissioning of new missionaries on Saturday, July 11.
Tune in LIVE on Facebook or on Livestream (link forthcoming) during the following times:
Saturday, June 27
- 11 a.m. CT: Opening Worship Service
- 12 p.m. CT: LWMS Flag Presentation
Wednesday, July 1
- 7 p.m. CT: Home Missions Question and Answer Panel
Wednesday, July 8
- 7 p.m. CT: World Missions Question and Answer Panel
Saturday, July 11
- 6 p.m. CT: Closing Worship Service, featuring the commissioning three world missionaries and one home missionary
- 7 p.m. CST: Question and answer panel with newly commissioned missionaries
Location: Online – Virtual
Additional details will be posted as they become available. We hope you can join us!