Campus Ministry Staff Conference
May 17-18, 2021
Safely celebrating 100 years of Campus Ministry
What’s next? Serving the Mental Health of Our College Students with Christ
All COVID-19 safety protocols will be followed.
Date: May 17-18, 2021
Theme: Serving the Mental Health of Our College Students with Christ
Christ Lutheran Church (Event venue)
W240 N3103 Pewaukee Rd
Pewaukee, WI 53072
Wildwood Lodge (Lodging)
N14 W24121 Tower Place
Pewaukee, WI 53072
Goals of this Conference:
- Learn how we can help effectively serve the mental health needs of our campus ministry students with Christ and counseling resources.
- Allow campus pastors and workers to share practical ideas for campus ministry work.
- Provide mutual support and encouragement through dialogue and fellowship.
- Provide information for others to reference as they begin or carry out their campus ministry work.
- Mental Health Struggle: Karen Fischer, Licensed Professional Counselor for Christian Family Solutions
- Helping Ministers Refer Counseling Students: Greg Lyon, Campus Pastor at Wisconsin Lutheran College
Registration is now closed
As we have done for previous Staff Conferences, travel assistance will also be offered. The WELS Campus Ministry Committee plans to cover all travel (airfare/mileage) costs. Attendees will make their own travel arrangements and then request reimbursement at the conference for those expenses. Mileage will be paid based on the current synod mileage reimbursement rate. Because these costs are being picked up by the Campus Ministry Committee, attendees are asked to do all that they can to keep travel costs to a minimum. We trust that brothers and sisters will act in good stewardship as they make their travel arrangements.
We will have a sheet for the conference attendees to fill out before they leave the conference naming three things that they are going to do or work on from the information that they received from this conference, as well as give suggestion to the Campus Ministry Committee on how our committee can better serve our campus ministries and WELS as a whole.