Volunteer test correctors are vital to our correspondence course ministry. Inmates submit about 10,000 tests for correction each year. More than 120 currently active correctors scattered all over the United States help us respond to each submitted test. If you’re interested in exploring this role, please contact our New Ulm office (email@example.com or 507-354-3130).
Thank you faithful test correctors, whether you have been correcting for many years or are just receiving your first packet. Please remember to:
- Correct and return tests within two weeks. Returning corrected tests quickly helps us build trust with our “students.” Inmates are eager to receive their tests and completion certificates. We assure them that we have a process:
- The same day we receive a test, the inmate is sent a new booklet and the test is sent to a corrector.
- The Tuesday after we receive the test from the corrector, our in-house-volunteers hand-write certificates and mail them back to the inmate with their final corrected test.
- Many inmates are moved without notice. Quickly returning the tests reduces the expense of returned tests/certificates and the time it takes to try to find inmates once they’ve been moved.
- Contact our New Ulm office if you are on vacation or other commitments come up so we can put your name on hold.
Learn about the ministry work of WELS Special Ministries.
Support the ministry work of WELS Special Ministries.