Church Mutual Insurance Company, the leading insurer of religious institutions, has partnered with WELS since 1976 and offers organizations a 15% discount on package policies (in states where allowed), as well as exceptional customer service and specialty expertise.
In addition to the price discount and specialty service you’ll receive by taking advantage of the WELS endorsement, our representatives will offer recommendations on ways to prevent losses while providing personal and professional service every step of the way. When it comes to protection, you’ll find we’re more than an insurer. We’re a partner who helps you further the greater good.
Our property and casualty coverage includes:
- basic, broad or special causes of loss
- system and equipment breakdown coverage
- extensions and additional coverage
- identity recovery case management and expense reimbursement
We have local and licensed representatives ready to assist you and your organization’s needs. To receive a free, no-obligation quote please call 800-554-2642 or request a quote.
The religious protector policy provides protection for:
- elected or appointed officials and board members
- employees and volunteers
- bodily injury
- religious freedom protection
- personal injury
- property damage
- advertising injury
Professional liability insurance options for all types of organizations including:
- directors, officers and trustees
- employee benefits
- employment practices
- incidental medical services
Church Mutual’s risk management specialists are available to assist in controlling loss exposures. In addition, we have a Risk Consulting Center that is always available to answer questions or concerns you may have via email or telephone. Some of our risk management services include:
- on-site analyses of facilities
- on-site training on a variety of topics for all staff
- customized risk management programs based on individual needs
In addition to religious organizations, we also insure senior living facilities, schools, camps and conference centers and other organizations. With a common mission to protect the greater good and over a century of experience, Church Mutual understands the exposures and needs of these markets. We not only provide financial protection but also connect policyholders to a network of strategic partners not found with other carriers.
Our comprehensive network of strategic connections includes coverage for, but not limited to:
- travel protection
- background screening partnership
- 24/7 nurse hotline for work-related injuries
- cybercrime protection
- playground safety
- American Red Cross Ready Rating Program disaster preparedness program
- Thought leadership and webinars on timely topics that affect your congregation
- Allergy wristbands
- Network discounts
Other important coverages
- workers’ compensation – including standard dividend plans and scheduled credits
- umbrella liability
- commercial auto
Why does the synod need a purchasing program like ShopWELS? Find answers to your questions in the ShopWELS FAQ section.